Sample sources are always helpful.
The list below gathered in 2006 and is now somewhat outdated.
We have forked into github every publically released 4k intro source code (or tool) under https://github.com/in4k group.
Another archive of demoscene source code is located at ftp://ftp.scene.org/pub/resources/code/sources/
- iq’s templates for 1k and 4k intros:
- FRequency To the Road of Ribbon in 1k for win32
- FRequency’s To The Road of Ribbon Linux 1k intro ported and over to Win32 and rewritten by Auld, including source code.
- Muon Baryon by Youth Uprising, Ümlaüt Design, & Outracks
- Winner of Assembly 2009 4k compo
- Source code (included in final archive [contains some NASM for synth]):
- Flow2 - About Flow2
- Using OpenGL with GLSL shaders in EXE to make an 1K intro.
- Crawlspace by Youth Uprising
- Another example using OpenGL with GLSL to make a 1k.
- Source code (included in archive):
- Andromedary by XZM & tAAt
- Kagazoon by Auld
- Documentation and Source Code:
- Miniglworkspace (for OpenGL) by Rasmus Christian Kaae
- Kwak by Calodox, 7th place Assembly 2002
- Source Code published in Pain Diskmag:
- C++ 4k - second place at dialogos 2001
- Source code publish on website
- Quattro Stragione by ABSESSION, Hype 2002
- Fit’s productions
- Several 4K intros (along other demos) - 4K intros include C+ASM source code:
- Colorstate 76 by hitchhikr, 1 KB intro.
- Metalwork by hitchhikr. Shows how to use DX9, D3DX and 2.0 pixel shaders with Assembler, in 1 KB.
- Stoerfall Ost by Freestyle, 1st place at Dialogos 2000
- Source Code published in scene.org:
- Trees by Northern Dragons, 8th place at Assembly 2002
- Source code published in Hugi Diskmag:
- Sample Direct X 8.1 Application (See 3D APIs for more.)
- Test.ASM - Test.Com File By Polaris
- Note: Not previously published on the internet.
- Jeeves4k, skeleton for win32 4k intro development in 100% assembler.
- Dropz - 256 bytetro